Mould can pose a serious health hazard if not removed correctly. When inhaled, mould spores can cause various respiratory problems, including asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory infections. In addition, people with compromised immune systems risk developing severe health problems from mould exposure.
Attempting to clean mould yourself can also be dangerous. If you don't have the proper equipment or training, you could end up causing more harm than good and inhaling mould spores while cleaning can cause serious health problems. If the mould is not removed correctly, it could continue to spread and cause further damage to your home. Using a professional company with experience removing mould safely and effectively is essential. They will have the proper equipment and protective gear to ensure that the job is done right and that you and your family are safe from harmful mould spores.
People often undervalue the hazardous effects of mould. For example, very few people realise that microbial fungi, breeding in humid environments, can harm the lungs when exposed to them. Even a trace amount of mould is enough to spread its destruction through contact or breathing.
Mould can lead to various health issues, ranging from mild to severe. Examples include coughing, sneezing, respiratory infections and even asthma attacks. Therefore, it is essential to address any potential mould issue quickly to avoid potential risks.
People with a weak immune system, seniors, babies, expecting mothers and those already suffering from health problems are most prone to the adverse effects of mould.
It's not always easy to spot mould, so the spore count could be much higher than expected. Therefore, even if you only notice a small patch in your home, it's best to address the issue immediately.
You should appoint a company like BD365 Clean Ltd whenever possible, as too much caution cannot be exercised. Without the correct PPE, you may put yourself in danger, and the underlying causes could bring about the re-emergence of the mould.